Subject: branching in screenrc?

From: "Aaron Davies" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 13:33:37 +0800

any support for any "if" branching in screenrc's? i two windows boxes
using a common (network-based) homedir, and i want screen to start two
completely different sets of ssh sessions depending on which box it's
executed on. i suppose i can allias screen to "screen -c
.screenrc.`hostname` or something, but a.) that's clumsy and b.) it
doesn't easily handle any common settings between the two. hmm. can
screenrc's include other files? can it be read from stdin? ("screen -c
-" or "screen -c /dev/stdin" or something?) then i could say "cat
.screenrc .screenrc.`hostname` | screen -c -". or maybe there's some
other way to just do the actual variant part (create various
screens)--execute a shell script or something, and let that handle the
branching. thoughts?
-- 
Aaron Davies
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
screen-users mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/screen-users

---

From: "Tom Scogland" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 01:37:52 -0400

Including is how I do this, in fact the following is from my screenrc.
source ${HOME}/.screenrc-${TERM}

-- 
-N
AKA:Tom Scogland
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is
more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles
the world.
-Albert Einstein
_______________________________________________
screen-users mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/screen-users

---

From: "Aaron Davies" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 12:11:46 +0800

finally got round to trying this, and i'm having some problems

it's reading the file, and i can see the connections come up, but they
disappear after a second or two

the commands in the box-specific .screenrc file are just ordinary
"screen" commands of the general form "screen -t <title> ssh <host>",
and they all work fine when type/pasted directly into the shell

:source'ing the file has the same effect tho--they come up for a sec,
then go down

ideas?

-- 
Aaron Davies
[email-masked]