Subject: Spawning commands inside interactive shells in new windows in a scriptable fashion

From: László Monda <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 18:16:32 +0200

Hi List,

I want to open new windows that run specific commands within interactive
shells in a scriptable fashion.

Let's say I want to run `du --max-depth=1 /` in a new screen window
within an interactive shell and I want to do it from a script.

Let's consider the following:

$ screen screen bash -i -c du --max-depth=1 /

I'd expect this to work, but it doesn't.

On the other hand it works:

$ screen screen bash -i -c read

But bash closes right after pressing enter.  I guess bash has trouble
handling -i and -c together and it behaves non-interactively in this
case.

Also, the status line showing the windows doesn't get updated, only
after I explicitly change window.

I'd really appreciate your insights.

Thanks in advance!

-- 
Laci  <http://monda.hu>

_______________________________________________
screen-users mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/screen-users