Subject: Re-attaching split screens

From: "Gorsuch, Ryan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 13:31:57 -0600

Hello fellow screen users. I'd like to be able to detach a screen
session, and then reattach and have my split screen restored and showing
the same windows as before I detached. Currently when I reattach, my
splits are gone, and I get a single window shown. To restore it I have
to split my screen a few times, change focus to each window, and switch
to the window I want in that region. 

I found a post by a developer which seemed that it might be possible to
"save layouts" but I can't find any documentation for this in the
"Changes" file for the most recent release (4.0.3) or in the online
manual at /soft/local/common/rman/current. Any ideas about how I might
do this, or when a feature like this might be available?

I'm running Screen version 4.00.02 (FAU) 5-Dec-03.

Ryan 

_______________________________________________
screen-users mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/screen-users

---

From: "Thomas Adam" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 15:14:53 +0100

> to the window I want in that region.

Running screen within screen is the more "portable" way for versions
of screen which aren't the GIT version.

> do this, or when a feature like this might be available?

http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?23597

-- Thomas Adam