Subject: Opening a window in the background?

From: "roi h" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 01:41:01 +0300

Hi,

Is there a way to open a new window without switching to it?

I often would like to start a command in a background window, and only
switch to it later, but I haven't found anything in the manual about it.

Thanks, Roi
_______________________________________________
screen-users mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/screen-users

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 15:12:34 +0100

> switch to it later, but I haven't found anything in the manual about it.

I don't have a solution for you, but I think it will be going in the
right direction.

A while back I tried to find how to open a new window in the same
directory (before I realised "screen" would do that!). I imagine that
you could use it to script screen for what you want with: open window,
execute prog, select prev window.

You can execute it with C-a : then type exec screen-utils

It is on the internet somewhere, and possibly on the mailing list too,
but I am not too sure where it was a while ago I looked for it.

David