Subject: Two little features (printing)

From: Albert van Zyl <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 12:16:31 +0200

It would be GREAT if printing (print through) in Screen could work. I have the 
same problem that Dan Mahoney has.

Prints one line of text
Form feed (Page feed)
Prints one line of text
Form feed.........

Please help!

Dan Mahoney wrote:
>> 1) Make printing work.  And by that I mean make it work JUST as it
>> would work without screen, i.e. not "buffer" and send a bunch of
>> printer stop/start sequences every 30 characters -- many SSH
>> applications interpret that stop sequence as a page feed.

_______________________________________________
screen-users mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/screen-users

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 12:21:23 +0100

Hi,

I've been hesitating in replying to this point, because I am no C 
programmer. But I faced the same problem with printing and made these 
changes to the ansi.c module (I have version 4.0.2 so your line numbering 
may be different), which seems to have fixed the issue:

0429:       case 'i': 
0430: if (!printcmd)                            <---- added this line      
 
0431:  AddCStr(D_PF);                     <---- added this line   
0432:         curr->w_state = LIT; 
0433:         PrintFlush(); 
0434:         if (curr->w_pdisplay && curr->w_pdisplay->d_printfd >= 0) 
0435:           { 
0436:             close(curr->w_pdisplay->d_printfd); 
0437:             curr->w_pdisplay->d_printfd = -1; 
0438:           } 
0439:         curr->w_pdisplay = 0; 
0440:         break; 

1601:   curr->w_pdisplay = display; 
1602:   curr->w_stringp = curr->w_string; 
1603:   curr->w_state = PRIN; 
1604:   if (printcmd && curr->w_pdisplay->d_printfd < 0) 
1605:     curr->w_pdisplay->d_printfd = printpipe(curr, printcmd); 
1606:  else                                     <---- added this line      
 
1607:  AddCStr(D_PO);                           <---- added this line      
 
1608: } 
1609: 

1642:   else if (display && curr->w_stringp > curr->w_string)  
1643:     {  
1644: /*      AddCStr(D_PO); */         <---- commented out this line      
 
1645:       AddStrn(curr->w_string, curr->w_stringp - curr->w_string);  
1646: /*      AddCStr(D_PF); */                 <----- commented out this 
line 
1647:       Flush();  
1648:     } 

hth,

asvin

p.s.

Sorry Albert - I inadvertently sent this mail to you when I wanted to send 
it to the whole list....

************************************************************
HSBC Bank plc may be solicited in the course of its placement efforts for 
a new issue, by investment clients of the firm for whom the Bank as a firm 
already provides other services. It may equally decide to allocate to its 
own proprietary book or with an associate of HSBC Group. This represents a 
potential conflict of interest. HSBC Bank plc has internal arrangements 
designed to ensure that the firm would give unbiased and full advice to 
the corporate finance client about the valuation and pricing of the 
offering as well as internal systems, controls and procedures to identify 
and manage conflicts of interest.

HSBC Bank plc
Registered Office: 8 Canada Square, London E14 5HQ, United Kingdom
Registered in England - Number 14259
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
************************************************************

-----------------------------------------
SAVE PAPER - THINK BEFORE YOU PRINT!

This transmission has been issued by a member of the HSBC Group
"HSBC" for the information of the addressee only and should not be
reproduced and/or distributed to any other person. Each page
attached hereto must be read in conjunction with any disclaimer
which forms part of it. Unless otherwise stated, this transmission
is neither an offer nor the solicitation of an offer to sell or
purchase any investment. Its contents are based on information
obtained from sources believed to be reliable but HSBC makes no
representation and accepts no responsibility or liability as to its
completeness or accuracy.